Systematic searching for evidence syntheses - Part 1 In-Person
Please note, this is a two-part workshop
Systematic searching of the literature is essential in all types of evidence synthesis. Whether it’s a systematic review or qualitative evidence synthesis, a systematic search of information resources is the fundamental component.
In these sessions we will cover
- Research question frameworks
- Undertaking scoping searches
- Developing a search strategy
- Documenting and reporting a systematic search strategy
- Using search filters / hedges
- Translating a search strategy across different databases
- Testing a search strategy
- Supplementary searches including citation searching
Librarians will introduce you to the searching phase of a systematic review across 2 sessions.
In Part 1, we will give instruction and demonstration on how to search information resources systematically. (11th October 2023)
In Part 2, we will break into small groups to examine search strategies that students and researchers are working on and tackle any questions or problems. (01st November 2023). Register for the second session here.
- Wednesday, October 11, 2023
- 10:00 - 12:00
- Time Zone:
- UK, Ireland, Lisbon Time (change)
- Seminar Room
Mercy University Hospital Library,
Centre of Nurse Education,
34 Henry Street, Cork, T12 D682
+353 (0) 21 493 5145
Learning and Teaching Librarian
University College Cork
Academic Success Librarian,
University College Cork.
+353 (21) 490-3953