To Navigate: Use the drop down menu above the select Location, Category or browse all items
UCC Library have a number of equipment items available for borrowing, from VR headsets to presentation and conference tools.
This guide contains a complete listing of available items as well as information on loan periods and policies.
All equipment is provided as a shared resource for the support of learning and teaching.
Current UCC students and staff can borrow items from the Digital Scholarship Studio on Q+1 of the Boole Library.
You are responsible for equipment you borrow. Please treat all equipment with respect. If any equipment is stolen or damaged while it is checked out to you, you are responsible.
- Do not leave equipment unattended at any time.
- Equipment is not transferrable so do not share equipment with anyone.
- All equipment must be returned by the user who checked it out.
If any issues arise while you are using equipment, please bring it to the attention of library staff immediately by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- A valid UCC ID card is required.
- Equipment must be reserved online and can be checked out during the hours 09:00 - 19:00
- All items have a limited borrowing period so they may be available to others. Failure to return equipment in a timely manner may result in fines and/or a suspension of borrowing privileges.
- Users may borrow only one of each item (one camera of ANY type, one VR headset, etc.) at a time.
- All items must be returned during service desk hours.
- Bookings may be cancelled at any time at the discretion of the Library.
- Equipment loans can not be renewed.
- All equipment is currently free to borrow.
- Late fines: there are currently no late fines for equipment.
- Replacement fees: After 72 hours of being overdue, the equipment will automatically be considered lost or stolen and you will be billed for the replacement cost. Replacement costs for equipment will be listed in the item description.